2020 Registration Overview
- For ages 4 - 18, of all skill levels and experience
- Special siblings rate - receive a $50 discount (1st child - full rate, 2nd child - $50 discount, 3rd child - $50 discount, etc.)
- All teams are co-ed
- All games are played at Smythe Park
- T-Ball games are played from late April/early May to mid July (subject to weather and field conditions)
- 9U to 18U games are played from late April/early May to August, and playoff games in September (subject to weather and field conditions)
- Uniforms are handed out at the start of the season
- Players need to provide their own gloves. Athletic supporters are recommended at the higher levels, especially for catchers. Baseball cleats (plastic only! No metal spikes allowed!) are also optional.
- Players and parents will be notified about 'Photo Day'. Stay tuned.
- A great way to promote skill development and confidence, build sportsmanship and friendships, and of course have fun!
- We are always looking for coaches and assistant coaches. Let us know if you are interested in volunteering, or have any questions.
Rowan's Law Concussion Awareness Review and Acknowledgement
The Rowan's Law concussion awareness rules came into effect on July 1, 2019. After that date, sport organizations in Ontario must NOT register athletes under 26 years of age into a sport activity unless they, as well as their parent/guardian (for athletes under 18), provide confirmation that they have reviewed one of the government issued Concussion Awareness Resources within the previous 12 months. Sports organizations must also not allow coaches, team trainers, umpires and officials to serve in respect of the sport organization, unless they provide confirmation that they have reviewed one of the Concussion Awareness Resources, every year.
As part of the registration process moving forward, It is now mandatory that all registered players under 26 years old, parents/guardians, coaches, trainers, umpires and officials confirm every year that they have reviewed the age appropriate Concussion Awareness Resources. Players will not be allowed to participate with York Baseball until doing so.
Please review the age specific Concussion Awareness booklets provided below by clicking onto to the appropriate link. Feel free to download the pdf files for future reference.
For further information about Rowan's Law and concussion awareness, click the following link:
|Division||Birth Year||Age||Registration Fee||Games|
|T-Ball||2014 - 2016*||4 - 6||$100.00||Saturday mornings|
|9U (formerly Rookieball)||2012 - 2013**||7 - 8||$200.00||Weeknights|
|11U (formerly Mosquito)||2009 - 2011||9 - 11||$200.00||Weeknights|
|13U (formerly Peewee)||2007 - 2008||12 - 13||$200.00||Weeknights|
|15U (formerly Bantam)||2005 - 2006||14 - 15||$200.00||Weeknights|
|18U (formerly Midget)||2002 - 2004||16 - 18||$200.00||Weeknights|
|York RiverDogs Select Player Fee***||All players selected to play for the 2020 York RiverDogs||9U - 18U||TBA||TBA|
*Players born in 2014 are considered T-Ball age, and are to register as a T-Ball player. However some players develop quicker, and may have the ability to play in the 9U division at an earlier age. At the start of the season, feel free to notify a York Baseball official if you feel your child may be ready to play a division up, so that the official can assess and advise.
**Players born in 2012 are considered 9U age, and are to register as a 9U player. However some players develop quicker, and may have the ability to play in the 11U division at an earlier age. At the start of the season, feel free to notify a York Baseball official if you feel your child may be ready to play a division up, so that the official can assess and advise.
***Players do not have to pay the Select Player fee until after selections have been made in the spring. Multi-Child Discounts apply only to House League fees, and do not apply to Select Player fees.