Update - Stage 2 Reopening (June 24, 2020)
- The Ontario Government announced that the region of Toronto will move into Stage 2 from Wednesday, June 24th
- As outlined in "A Framework for Reopening our Province - Stage 2",
Outdoor Recreational Team Sports
- Outdoor team sports may resume, if physically distanced, for training only and with no scrimmages or games.
- This includes limited access to facilities (e.g., no locker rooms, no change rooms and no showers).
- Access to clubhouse and other amenities will be limited to washrooms, emergency aid and equipment management.
The City of Toronto has cancelled all sports field permits, including baseball diamonds, until June 30th. At the moment, we have not received any updates from the City about issuing field permits from July 1st
Any decision to start a shortened Select season would involve the Ontario Baseball Association, the Toronto Baseball Association and the Etobicoke Baseball Association. As well, a start date will depend on decisions by both the Province and the City
Currently, any workouts or practices can only include up to 10 people on a baseball field at one time
It is assumed that the return to playing baseball games will take place from Stage 3
A return to the baseball field for any purpose will include many new protocols and guidelines that must be strictly adhered to
It is strongly advised that all players, parents, coaches and umpires read the Ontario Baseball Association's "Return to Baseball COVID-19 Guidelines".
OBA Return to Baseball Guidelines June 11, 2020
Please check back in the upcoming days for updates, as we expect more information soon.